SPRING HAS SPRUNG
Spring is a time of new beginnings. Flowers bloom, trees bud out, and everything is fresh. We used to have a spring revival in every church. We would advertise it as "A Time for a Refreshing Word From God". We all still need revival. We need to return to the basics of our faith. Here are some steps to revival taken from the Lord's model prayer, Matthew 6:9-15.
- Remember who God is. He is great and mighty, the Alpha and Omega. He is the creator of all things. He is the sustainer of the earth. We need not worry about the government, the environment, our safety, or anything. It is all in His hands.
- Remember He is worthy of the praise. Relax and enjoy God. Praise Him, read Psalm 108. Rejoice and again I say rejoice.
- Remember God takes care of our daily needs. He provides our food, our water and even the air we breathe.
- Remember He forgives our sins and gives us salvation. He is our Redeemer. He is our Savior. He has done it all.
- Remember He guides our paths when we follow Him. We are blessed even when things seem bad. He is there to comfort us.
- Remember He delivers us from evil. When we do bad, He is there to rescue us and restore our righteousness. We mess up, He cleans us up.
- Remember God is the same today as He was when He created the world. He never changes. His is the power and the glory forever. Amen.
Spring is a time for a new start. Let's start this year with a revival of our faith in God!