June 2021...Keeping the Main Thing, the Main Thing
"Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were entreating through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God." II Corintians 5:20
This is the main thing. We do many things in Christ name, feed the hungry, clothe the naked, visit the sick, care for the widows or many other good things. But the bottom-line is to entreat them to be reconciled to God.
"So then, those who had received His word were baptized; and there were added that day about three thousand souls." Acts 2:41
Those who are saved are baptized and added to the church where they were discipled in the way of Christ. We must be about evangelism which includes discipling the saved.
In 2019 the churches that led our association in baptisms were:
- The Great I Am Fellowship, Pastor Lambert Pabellon, 15
- Calvary Southern Baptist Church, Pastor Ron Winston, 18
- New Creation Outreach Ministries, Pastor Durand Simpson, 22
- Primera Iglesia Bautista Hispana, Pastor Mike Sclafani, 24
- Gethsemani Missionary Baptist Church, Pastor Charles McCall, 26
- Desert Hills Baptist Church, Pastor Scott Hocker, 31
- Green Valley Baptist Church, Interim Pastor David Mann, 54
- Shadow Hills Church, Pastor Brett Capaci, 80
- Iglesia Bautista Camino a la Cruz, Pastor Carlos Fuentes, 81
There are 2.1 million lost people in Southern Nevada. Twenty-six zip codes are without a Southern Baptist witness, 650,000 non-English language speakers are in need of a church. The need is great. Let's pray the Lord of the Harvest to send workers, then get busy ourselves.
More in Harry's Blog
October 6, 2021Oct. 2020...How to Treat Your Pastor...
October 6, 2021Sept. 2021...Praise the Lord for the Cooperative Program
August 4, 2021August, 2021