December 2022...Remembering the Glory
REMEMBERING THE GLORY...
It is easy for us to become complacent about our relationship to God. We live constantly in His presence and just don’t think about it. We just take God for granted. We do that with our close friends and family if we do not make the effort to renew our friendship regularly. The Israelites were guilty of forgetting to how great God is. To remind themselves, they incorporated into their worship, times of remembering. We should learn from them the importance of remembering our relationship with our God.
The Lord is great and mighty. There is nothing that can stand against Him. He is the creator and the sustainer. Nothing exists that He did not create, and nothing will last unless He sustains it. He provides our food, the water that we drink, and the air that we breath.
Our God is great. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning, and the end. Nothing exists that God did not create. He is the creator and a God of second chance. He loves us, heals us, and forgives us.
Before the formation of our world was God. God has always been. Nothing exists that God did not create. The Bible was written to tell us about God, and His activities in creation, and redemption of man.
Let us remember:
- Our God is great and awesome. An ever-present help in times of trouble.
- Our God is spirit, John 4:24 says, “God is spirit, and His worshippers must worship in spirit and in truth.” As a spiritual being He does not have the limitations of a physical body. He is always there for us. Our God is personal. We can have a personal relationship with Him. He interacts with us. He knows our name. He cares about what happens to us.
- Our God is eternal. There never was a time when God did not exist, and He will always exist. He is always at work to do good for us.
- Our God never changes. He cannot increase because He is already perfect. He will always be the same. We can rely on His consistency. God said it, and that settles it.
- Our God is holy. He is unstained by the evil of this world. He wants us to be holy as He is holy.
- Our God is just. He upholds the law and requires us to live by the law. However, when we are unable to live by the law God has provided Jesus Christ to be our righteousness. His justice required an atonement for our injustice. Jesus was that atonement.
- Our God is powerful, gracious, and loving. He is perfect in all ways, yet He still loves us and accepts us just as we are.
- He is our personal God! He satisfies our needs. What a blessing! All the good things: family, friends, church, are a gift from God. May we remember all God has done for us this Christmas season.